Exterior architectural features and details includes: texture and kind of building materials, type and style of doors, windows, porches, roofs, foundations, signs, and landscaping.
Here are a few features and details include:
- Arch: a curved structure spanning across an opening such as a window or doorway.
- Veranda: a roofed porch or balcony that is attached to a building.
- Vault: a roof or ceiling structure that is based on an arch.
- Dormer: a roofed projection from a sloped roof that often contains a window.
- Column: an upright post (tapered cylinder) used for support or decorative.
- Bay window: a window that protrudes from the building.
- Transom light: a window above a door.
- Shutters: hinged panels used to cover windows.
- Sidelights: windows located at the side of a door.
- Fanlight: a semi-circular window over a door.
- Cornice: a crowing projection at a roof line.
- Double doors: also referred to as french doors (two adjacent doors).
- Frieze: a band of sculpted ornamentation.
- Hardware: door knobs, hinges, latches, and handles.
- Moldings: a decorative strip of wood or plaster.